Guide to Wearing Leggings
Posted: Apr 27 2016
Year-Round Fashion: Guide to Wearing Leggings
When it comes to fashion, we see styles and trends come and go. What may have been the next big thing last year was probably forgotten shortly after, as we all moved on to the next stylish thing. With all these passing trends, it’s still no surprise leggings have remained in style. Yoga pants, spandex, leggings—they’re known by various names. However, they all can be described the same: comfortable, sexy, and stylish. There’s a reason leggings have stuck around for so long, and in our opinion, they’re not going anywhere.
With this, we can quickly overdo our legging-based outfits. On the other hand, leggings are a versatile piece of clothing. They go well with nearly any outfit, and they can add the perfect touch to a variety of styles. Stay fashionable throughout the seasons and check out our guide to wearing leggings year-round from Unique Cool You.
Cool Weather Wearables
Throughout the colder winter months, layering is often your best friend. You can mix and match a range of accessories, and slap a pair of leggings under anything. Leggings and boots? Of course! Let’s take a look at some of the best winter wear and legging combos.
- Rock a Trench: For those cooler, dark and gloomy days, a trench coat makes for the perfect outerwear. Combine that with a pair of your favorite matching leggings, and you’ll be ready to step out the door.
- Jacket and Boots: When winter comes and the snow falls, a jacket and boots are must-haves. Throw a scarf and leggings into the mix and you have the perfect chilly day outfit.
- Add an Athletic Touch: No matter the weather, some days we’re just on the go, and that calls for some athletic gear. Grab a sporty coat, shoes, and some flashy leggings to make things interesting.
Spandex for the Summer
When the warm weather hits, there’s still no reason to store your leggings away with the rest of your winter wardrobe. Leggings make for great spring and summer outfits, and a good pair of flats will go a long way. Check out our picks for spring and summer legging ideas:
- Mini Dress: Have a sexy new dress you can’t wait to wear, but early spring hasn’t provided the weather? Throw a pair of leggings on under it and balance it out with a pair of cute flats.
- The Classic Denim Skirt: We’ve all seen this one before, but we can still bring it back. The skirt and spandex combo is a classic, and it looks great. This is another that calls for a great pair of flats. We’ll accept heels, too.
- A Simple Tank: While we work hard to find the best outfits, we can’t forget the simple ones. On a hot summer day, a tank and leggings will look great and keep you cool. Some sporty shoes always go great with this look.