2017 Legging Trends
As Athleisure continues to explode on the fashion scene, legging trends really came into their own last year. What was once considered to be gym-only attire, has quickly entered the fashion world as a force to be reckoned with. Women everywhere are basking in the freedom leggings provide as they make their way into almost every social scene as not only acceptable, but fashionable!
In light of this, we wanted to give you our best 2017 forecast taken straight from the runways! 2017 is a year of audacity and boldness. With new, exciting adventures on the horizon, the trends for this year match the feelings of confidence and an up-for-anything mentality. Without further ado, let’s dive in!
5 Must-Have Legging Trends for 2017
- Distressed or Moto-style Leggings: As leggings move out of the weight room and onto the streets, the need for versatility is expanding. Look for leggings with cut outs, distressed patterns or the “ripped jean” effect. Patterning like this gives leggings a cool, sexy vibe that can be paired easily with some heels and a biker jacket for the perfect night-on-the town attire!
- Geometric and Mesh Panel Leggings: If you been out of your house at all recently (and we’re guessing you have), there’s a good chance you’ve seen someone sporting the hottest new trend in leggings. Geometric patterning and mesh panels are all the rage right now making their way into both casual and athletic, yoga style leggings. To really make these leggings pop, pair them with subtle, plainer T’s so the focus is on the the patterning.
- Leather Leggings: This is one trend that’s been going hot for a while now, and it doesn’t seem like there’s an end nearing soon. We’re not complaining though! Leather leggings take any outfit from drab to fab in an instant. Paired with some heels or thigh high boots and your outfit will scream bold, confident and playful. For a cozy, but chic, winter look, try pairing this style with a chunky, over-sized sweater or a shape-hugging, turtleneck tunic.
- Midnight blue and Classic Black Leggings: For a timeless, classic look, midnight blue and straight black leggings will never go out of style. Similar to the LBD, black and blue leggings pair well with almost any outfit and are a safe bet for most situations. Wear them in and out of them gym for an easy, comfortable look with tons of versatility.
- Bubblegum Pink Leggings: During Fashion Week this year, bubblegum pink was everywhere, from top to bottom and everything in between. A look into the femininity and softness of pink makes it easy to see why this trend is super hot, especially for the upcoming spring months! The best part? There’s absolutely no textures, prints or materials off limits – in other words, if it’s pink and girly, go for it!